Investor Publishing Ltd collects different types of information about our users for three main reasons:
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users
- To use anonymous details about our users to sell appropriate advertising space on the site. This might mean showing an advertiser how many users we have on the site; it does not mean sharing an individual's details with an advertiser. Where we collect registration information from an individual, we will never share that individual's information with a third party, including an advertiser, without that user's explicit permission.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with other others without your prior consent.
We collect information on our users as follows: through cookies, through registration and where you choose to disclose data in postings. We will not pass on any individual user details (including your email address) for third party use unless we have your prior consent.
We always ensure that all employees and contractors we use in connection with the running of the website and services are subject to strict contractual obligations. They are only able to process data on our behalf and in accordance with our principles and instructions and not for any other independent purpose.
We will share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our advertisers.
Upon registration for event places, magazine subscriptions, free trials, competitions, business information services, to vote in one of our polls or other online services you may, in some cases, be automatically opted-in to receive e-mail marketing, newslettes or partner promotions containing material. If this is the case you may unsubscribe to receiving such marketing material at any time by clickeing on the e-mail unsubscribe link.
If you have consented to receiving such material you may opt-out at a later stage from:
What is a cookie?
- Emails - by clicking the relevant unsubscribe link
- Post or telemarketing - by writing to Investor Publishing, Greener House, 66-68, Haymarket, London, SW1 4RF
We will use different cookies at various different stages of your use of our websites.
These are used to maintain your session when you sign in on our webiste, allowing you to access online services without the need to sign in on every page you visit.
Tracking and customisation cookies
These are used to recognise repeat visitors to our websites and provide better functionality to the browsing experience. For example, displaying poll results to those who have previously voted.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies and use them in the ways described above, it is possible to change your browser settings. It is also possible to delete existing cookies from your browser.
However, blocking all cookies will affect your web experience and may result in some parts of Investor Publishing websites not functioning properly. Some cookies are designed to help save you time, for example, by remembering your contact details when you are making an event booking for the second time. This means that you will not have to complete the contact section again unless your details have changed.
The procedure for modifying your privacy preferences is different for each internet browser and we recommend you visit the following websites for further information on altering your cookie settings: